Bubble Guppies 1st Birthday Bash

Last weekend, we had Rosen’s 1st birthday party at our home. The theme was Bubble Guppies—her favorite show. Unfortunately it’s not a very old show, so there isn’t currently any Bubble Guppies party supplies available for sale.

I did find some cute options on Etsy that people had designed and made themselves, but it would have been too expensive to go that route for all the decor, so I ended up making a lot of the stuff myself.

It was also helpful that Nick Jr. has some Bubble Guppies party printables available on their website, so I was able to use a lot of that stuff too.

I decided to design my own invitation and have it printed as a 4×6 photo, so it ended up being super cheap to do. Here is the invite:

I used some papers from a digital scrapbooking kit called Good Things by Audacious Designs.  Unfortunately, it's no longer available.  Glad I downloaded it when I did!

I used some papers from a digital scrapbooking kit called Good Things by Audacious Designs. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available. Glad I downloaded it when I did!

Below are a bunch of pics of the basement, all decked out for the party.

I made the pennant banner myself with papers from the Good Things kit I mentioned above.  It was pretty time consuming printing and cutting out that many triangles, but I was really pleased with the finished product, and it added a feminine look to the very unisex Bubble Guppies stuff. The Happy Birthday bubbles and characters were printed from the Nick Jr. site.

I made the pennant banner myself with papers from the Good Things kit I mentioned above. It was pretty time consuming printing and cutting out that many triangles, but I was really pleased with the finished product, and it added a feminine look to the very unisex Bubble Guppies stuff. The Happy Birthday bubbles and characters were printed from the Nick Jr. site.

The Nick Jr. site offers Bubble Guppies cupcake toppers, but I wasn't that crazy about them, so I decided to make my own.  I had a "1" on one side, and Bubble Guppies characters on the other side.  Again, I used papers from the Good Things kit.

The Nick Jr. site offers Bubble Guppies cupcake toppers, but I wasn’t that crazy about them, so I decided to make my own. I had a “1″ on one side, and Bubble Guppies characters on the other side. Again, I used papers from the Good Things kit.

The table toppers on each of the round tables were printed from the Nick Jr. site.

All of the table cloths, plates, napkins, balloons, etc. were from Party City.  I'm glad they had the shades of pink, orange, and blue that I was looking for.  They matched the pennant banner perfectly.

All of the table cloths, plates, napkins, balloons, etc. were from Party City. I’m glad they had the shades of pink, orange, and blue that I was looking for. They matched the pennant banner perfectly.

For the balloons, I decided to purchase a Balloon Time kit, which comes with a helium tank big enough for 30 balloons.  It was about $20 at Walmart, and was really easy to use.  I definitely preferred doing it that way over having Party City fill up all the balloons and then having to transport them in my car.

For the balloons, I decided to purchase a Balloon Time kit, which comes with a helium tank big enough for 30 balloons. It was about $20 at Walmart, and was really easy to use. I definitely preferred doing it that way over having Party City fill up all the balloons and then having to transport them in my car.

Rosen's birthday present from us was a ball pit, and it was a hit with all the other kids at the party too.  I decided to make it using an inflatable pool, so we'll be able to use it this summer as well.

Rosen’s birthday present from us was a ball pit, and it was a hit with all the other kids at the party too. I decided to make it using an inflatable pool, so we’ll be able to use it this summer as well.

I found the idea of making a month-by-month photo timeline on Pinterest, and decided to make a Bubble Guppies version.  I designed it myself in Photoshop using Bubble Guppies clipart and digital scrapbooking papers from the Good Things kit.

I found the idea of making a month-by-month photo timeline on Pinterest, and decided to make a Bubble Guppies version. I designed it myself in Photoshop using Bubble Guppies clipart and digital scrapbooking papers from the Good Things kit.

It was funny going back through all of Rosen's pictures from the year and trying to pick one for each month.  It's quite obvious I was too overwhelmed to take anything but camera phone pictures for the first few months of Rosen's life.  After that, I managed to take a nice portrait of her every month.

It was funny going back through all of Rosen’s pictures from the year and trying to pick one for each month. It’s quite obvious I was too overwhelmed to take anything but camera phone pictures for the first few months of Rosen’s life. After that, I managed to take a nice portrait of her every month.

We had lots of our friends and family in attendance to help us celebrate Rosen’s big day. I wish I had taken more photos during the actual party. I didn’t get as many as I would have liked, but I still captured a good bit of the fun.

IMG_2099

IMG_2100

IMG_2102

IMG_2103

IMG_2122

IMG_2118

IMG_2129

IMG_2141

What a great day! I think next year we’ll just do Chuck E. Cheese’s. This party hosting stuff is too much work!

66 Responses to Bubble Guppies 1st Birthday Bash

• Sarah says:

That looks like such a fun party! :D I love the decorations, it looks like you did a ton of work, but it was well worth it! The smash cake photo is awesome.

• Kelly says:

I did a web search for “Bubble Guppies Party” and it brought me to your page. Beautiful job! I’m currently planning my daughters 3rd birthday and the Bubble Guppies are her favorite thing! I will use some of your ideas…..thanks so much for the help!!

• Brenda Inman says:

Your party ideas are super! My daughter is planning a BG party for her daughter’s first birthday too. Where did you find the balls for the swimming pool?

We are planning to use ideas from the Nick Jr. Site. The BG theme song is so infectious! However it turns out, I’m sure it will be fun and memorable.

Thanks!

• Kristie says:

I soooo needed to find this site. I am going crazy because my daughter loves this show and this is going to be her birthday theme. I am so disappointed that I can’t purchase the plates, napkins, etc. Thanks so much for the much needed ideas. :)

• Stephanie says:

Thanks for stopping by, Kristie! I’m so glad my post was helpful. I wish they just sold Bubble Guppies supplies in stores!

• Shammie says:

I was doing research on the web for bubble guppies. This show is my granddaughter’s favorite no mater what she is doing when she hears this she has to watch. All of the things you came up with are excellent and sure will help in decorating her 1st birthday. You did an excellent job and thank you for sharing all of your ideas.

• leslie says:

i would like to have a bubble guppies party for my son to. he loves to watch them everyday how can i do the same like you did. i really like the one from birth to 1 year,that was really nice

• Michelle Haycraft says:

I love this!! My daughter will be turning One in September she Loves the Bubble Guppies! one of her First Words was Bubble!! I have chosen many ideas from you sharing your party pics! I love the birth-One Year timeline! Im wanting to do something like this myself! I have the cardstock ready, but Im wanting to know how you transferred the bubble guppies onto the timeline?? Or how you used the Clipart?

• Stephanie says:

Thanks, Michelle! I just Googled Bubble Guppies clip art to get the graphics, and then made a card for each month in Photoshop. You could also do it in Microsoft Word as well. Hope that helps!

• Claire says:

I love your ideas! I want to do the ball pit for my son’s first birthday party. How many balls did you get for Rosen’s ball pit? Do you suggest a retailer? Thanks so much, Claire

• Stephanie says:

Thanks so much, Claire! I used about 500 balls. I got lucky and found a huge bag of about 300 at Goodwill, and bought the rest on Amazon. I bought the Intex brand.

• Diana DeGzz says:

Hey your daughters party came out wonderful!! I’m wondering if you can email the Good Things by Audacious Designs. FREEBIE that you got, since it is not avail. maybe you have the zip folder you can send me!

TIA,
    Diana

• Sara says:

I LOVE this! I am having a bubble guppies party for my almost one year old daughter in a month…I’m so overwhelmed! Any tips for how to design the tags for the monthly photos…and cupcake toppers? LOVE what you did!

• Jackie says:

I am planning to do a bubble guppies theme for my daughter’s first birthday next month. I loved the timeline idea and I was planning to do the same thing but there aren’t many bubble guppies things in stores. Do you think you could email me the templates you used? Thank you :)

• Becky says:

I apologize if someone has already asked this, but what size inflatable pool did you use? And you used 500 balls? I’m definitely stealing that idea!

• Anissa says:

Help Stephanie
    I’m planning my daughter’s 1st birthday parties and would like to use your ideas. Would you mind sharing your templates with us.
    Thank you in advance!

• Sonya says:

I love this! My daughter loves Bubble Guppies, so we will be having a BG party the beginning of January. Would you mind sharing your templates, you did a beautiful job!

• Daisy arroyo says:

I love your ideas! Your party came out amazing. I was wondering, if it wouldnt be to much trouble to share your template for the timeline with me. I’m throwing my daughters first birthday using BG theme and would love to do this.

• Raquel says:

Found you through Pinterest. Bubble Guppies is the theme for my daughter’s 2nd Birthday Bash and was wondering if you could email me the digital scrapbook paper you have? I’d like to make her invitations as well! Thanks in advance!

• Andrea says:

Great work so many good ideas I’m definitely going to incorporate into my sons first birthday!! Could you please email the templates used

• Jessica says:

I’m so excited to have come across this page, I’m planning my daughter’s 1st birthday party and Bubble Guppies is our theme as well! You did an amazing job! Unfortunately I don’t have a creative bone in my body and even looking at this stuff, I’d probably still have no idea what to do! lol But you definitely did give me some ideas of things I might be able to pull off so thank you! :) If you have the time, could you email me some things to make my planning easier like the templates people are talking about and hopefully I’ll be able to figure it out! Thank you in advance!

• Jessy says:

All the decorations were beautiful!! Great job! I’m doing my son’s 1st birthday with the bubble guppie theme also. I was so lucky to find some Bubble Guppie party supplies at Party City. It’s a new theme they just received. :) Love your ideas and I’m always trying to save some money if I’m able to, could you email me the templates you used also. I thank you so much!

• Candy Mirchell says:

I just wanted to say that you did an amazing job on her party! I too, do not do well with crafting projects but if you could email me some instructions i might could follow to do an awesome job on my grandson’s 1st birthday next month. Thanks so much in advance

• heavenlee says:

i love the ball pit idea and the timeline i tried to make the timeline myself but it didnt come out as good as yours.. Could u help me out ?

• Cathy says:

HI I just love your timeline photo. Am planning my daughter Mila first bday for 2/8 and I was wondering if you still have the info how to put it together

• Alyson says:

I am planning my son’s birthday party & would love to use your templates as well. I did notice that you only used the girls. I have been searching for the boys, puppy, & mr grouper as clip art so I can hopefully just switch them out, but I haven’t had much luck. Do you remember where you found the clip art? Thanks!

awalker550@gmail.com

• Amy Cavaletto says:

My daughter’s 2nd birthday is right around the corner and would LOVE to have a birthday party as fabulous as the one you threw! Would you mind emailing me your templates please? Thank you so much!

• Keanue says:

Hi my niece’s 1st birthday is coming up and I wanted to know how can make my own invitation but with the same design as on the internet.

• Kim says:

I also googled bubble guppies 1st birthday and stumbled across your post. These ideas are so cute and I’m going to use some of them for my daughters birthday next month!

thanks!

• Jeanette says:

Hi Stephanie, wonderful job you did on your daughter’s Bubble Guppies Theme Party! My daughter and I are planning my grandbaby’s 1st Birthday party and I was wondering if I could get the template for the timeline photo idea, it’s awesome and I can’t find the clip art to fit it….thanks a million